This week we do not have a new film to discuss because of the holidays. Instead we are looking back at our first 12 episodes and what we learned about the films of Cate Blanchett so far.
A few themes have emerged and beacme apparent:
- An Oscar nominated performance can be underrated, case in point I’m Not There (2008)
- The early 2000s were a rough time to be a Blanchett fan; Charlotte Gray? The Shipping News? The Gift?
- How and why she won the Oscar for playing Katharine Hepburn in The Aviator (2004)
- Who are Cate Blanchett classic age dopplegangers besides Hepburn? Bette Davis, Joan Crawford or Marlene Dietrich?
- Little Fish (2005) deserves to be seen
- A new appreciation for Ocean’s Eight (2018)
- Elizabeth (1998) remain a huge touchstone in Blanchett’s career
Like? Have a question? Leave us a comment.